Strutting along like you own the place, walking tall like nothing can touch you while a great song is playing… here’s a short selection of my favorite cool walk scenes:
1. Saturday Night Fever – Staying Alive, Bee Gees (1977)
The mother of all cool walks… Tony Manero shows who’s boss to the undying notes of Staying Alive!
2. Kill Bill Vol.1 – Battle Without Honor or Humanity, Tomoyasu Hotei (2000)
O-ren Ishii is a force to recon with and she definitely owns the place, another music pearl from Tarantino!
3. Jackie Brown – Across 110th Street, Bobby Womack (1972)
Tarantino again… clearly inspired by The Graduate, he uses the charisma of Pam Grier and the soulful voice of Bobby Womack.
4. Blow – Black Betty, Ram Jam (1977)
When you think you can walk on water, Black Betty is a pretty good soundtrack.
5. The Breakfast Club, Don’t You Forget About Me, Simple Minds (1985)
Raise your fist to the sky as both victory and defiance…
Honorable mention to Guardians of the Galaxy – Cherry Bomb, The Runaways (1976)
I like this tongue in cheek homage to the heros’ preparation and badass walk on their way to save the world.
2 responses to “Sound & Motion Pictures: cool walk scenes”
Cool idea and some great choiced!
Thanks a lot!