Apologies for the misleading title but this post is not about Spacey’s movie. RobbinsRealm, a fellow blogger and film/TV buff, reads my reviews and, apparently, likes them well enough to nominate me for The Liebster Award. What can I say? Many, many thanks for your consideration! Much obliged. I strongly suggest my (few) readers to go and check out his blog, you can find interesting and thought-provoking posts.
For those of you who don’t know what a Liebster Award is (like I didn’t, before a quick google search), it is basically a shout-out to bloggers you like with a small following. The origin seems to be a German blog (liebster means dearest in German) in 2010 (the things you learn on google!). The real gist of the Liebster Award is that there is no real award. There are neither judges, nor official website with a team of experts to congratulate you and shake your hand. It’s mostly what you want it to be. If you receive the award, you can A) accept it and B) pass it along i.e. it’s a Pay It Forward for bloggers.
The recipient must abide the following rules:
1. Post the award on your site.
2. The blogger who has been nominated must link back to the person who nominated them.
3. The nominee must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them.
4. The person who has been nominated must choose eleven bloggers who have less than 200 followers to answer a set of questions.
5. When you are nominated, the only blogger you can’t nominate is the blogger who nominated you for the award.
These are my answers to the questions asked by RobbinsRealm:
1. Favorite vacation spot?
La Maddalena archipelago (Sardinia, Italy)
2. Favorite color?
3. Favorite dessert?
4. Favorite black and white movie?
5. Favorite superhero?
The Incredibles (the whole family is just great!)
6. Favorite television show?
It’s a tie: The Wire and Cowboy Bebop.
7. Favorite book?
This is the most difficult one… I would say Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, but there are a few other contenders to the title.
8. Favorite Beatles song?
9. Favorite dog breed?
10. Favorite beverage?
11. Favorite nerdy franchise?
Star Wars (duh!)
These are my nominees to the Liebster Award:
- Scrivere al bar
- Girls Do Film
- Mike’s Take On The Movies
- The Movie Evangelist
- Cinematic Underdogs & Overcats
- The Guilty Words
- The Robot Who Likes Pretty Things
- Whitman’s Barbaric Yawp…
- The Pop Culture Pulse
- Noodle Maps
A note for the nominees: it’s alright if you don’t feel like blogging about this award or answering all those questions, you get a honorary mention!
6 responses to “Pay it forward”
oh wow, so cool thanks! thanks so much for thinking of me, and this is why I like blogathons and these awards– great way to get to know fellow movie fans, glad to know you,
you are very welcome 🙂
hi had to say thanks again, i had a fun time responding and passing it on
My pleasure! It’s a nice way to discover new blogs and have some fun 🙂
Thank you tons! I appreciate the recognition!
My pleasure 🙂